Do you view yourself as a dental coward because of your overwhelming anxiety about dental appointments? Dr. Siny Thomas of Sugar Land caters to cowards. He will help you manage your anxiety, relax, and enjoy your visit.
How We Cater to Cowards
You’ll experience gentle care during your visits with us.
- Dr. Thomas will identify the cause of your pain and resolve it.
- Preventive dentistry helps us identify potential issues and provide minimally invasive treatment before they get worse.
- Your dental exam and cleaning will be painless.
- While you’re in the dental chair, we are attentive to your verbal and non-verbal cues that reflect anxiety.
Anxious patients enjoy our calming office environment.
- Our staff welcomes anxious or fearful patients. We won’t embarrass you about your anxiety or scold you for delaying a dental visit.
- You’ll have a brief wait in our bright and comfortable reception area. We promptly take you to a treatment room and avoid long wait times that can build anxiety.
- While you’re sitting in a comfortable dental chair, you can select features for a relaxing massage or a warm-up. And you can listen to music or watch a movie on an overhead TV screen.
We offer a couple of sedation dentistry options to increase your relaxation throughout your visit.
Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) – You’ll breathe in colorless, odorless gas throughout your appointment. It will give you a sense of calmness and well-being.
Oral conscious sedation – About an hour before your appointment, you’ll take commonly prescribed anti-anxiety medication so you can arrive relaxed and ready for your visit with us. Your comfort will help Dr. Thomas complete more dental work than he could otherwise.
Read our sedation dentistry page for details.
Our team is sensitive to what triggers or calms your anxiety. Let us know if there are other ways that we can minimize your anxiety and help you enjoy your visit.
“Dr. Thomas and his staff are professional, accommodating, and friendly! I did not experience any pain or discomfort during any of my multiple visits. Dr. Thomas is the dentist of choice for myself and my family.” – Jack. E.