In Sugar Land, Dr. Siny Thomas is a provider of Teeth-in-a-Day—innovative technology that gives you dental implants and replacement teeth in a single day. You can quickly transition from missing all your teeth to having a complete smile with stable, natural-looking dentures.
What’s the Teeth-in-a-Day Process?
Generally, four implants will be placed to support the overdenture. Rather than keeping the implants parallel, two of them will be placed at angles, which will increase their resistance to displacement. This is the all-on-4 implant overdenture technique which is more fully explained on another page.
Dr. Thomas plans for a successful procedure with the following steps:
- Initial exam – Dr. Thomas will examine your teeth, x-ray them, and review your medical and dental histories to ensure you’re a candidate for this treatment.
- Impression – He’ll take impressions of your upper and lower arches.
- Planning – Dr. Thomas will take 3-D x-rays for a clear view of your sinuses, nerves, and oral cavities to ensure he precisely places your implants. The x-rays also reveal your jawbone volume to help him determine if you need bone grafting to support the implants.
- Surgery – If you need extractions, bone shaping, or grafting, Dr. Thomas will complete it before you receive dental implants.
- 3-D navigation – He uses this technology for guided and precise implant placement.
- Replacement teeth – After surgery, Dr. Thomas will attach temporary dentures to the implants. You’ll leave our office with a new smile.
What should you expect after Teeth-in-a-Day surgery?
- A healthy smile – Dr. Thomas’s careful planning and use of guided navigation to place your implants ensure your new smile will be healthy and functional. Dental implants are like tooth roots that stimulate the bone and help prevent facial collapse.
- Follow-up appointments – During the healing process, Dr. Thomas will monitor your progress to ensure that your implants are stable and healthy.
- A healing period – It takes three to four months for your implants and jawbone to fuse. This process, called osseointegration, gives your implants maximum stability.
- Permanent teeth – After the healing period, Dr. Thomas will attach permanent overdentures to the implants.
How to Care for Teeth-in-a-Day
During the healing process
- You’ll eat soft foods to avoid putting stress on the implants. Drink plenty of water.
- Smoking restricts blood flow and slows the healing process, so please avoid the habit.
- Follow Dr. Thomas’s instructions on how to keep your mouth clean without irritating the implant sites.
After the healing process
- Use an extra-soft toothbrush and denture paste to keep your denture clean and avoid scratching the teeth.
- Use a water flosser to remove debris beneath your denture.
- Keep your hygiene and exam appointments with us to ensure your implants, gums, and jawbone are healthy.
Request a Consultation or an Exam
Would you like to know if you’re a candidate for Teeth-in-a-Day? Dr. Thomas is a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists—the world’s largest organization for dental implant education. He will use his advanced training and experience to determine if this treatment is right for you. And he will explain your options.
Schedule an appointment for a consultation or an exam. Call us or complete our Request an Appointment form.