Are you a candidate for a smile makeover? Consider these questions:
- Are you self-conscious at all about your smile?
- Do you smile broadly? Or do you tend to want to cover your mouth or hold your lips down when you smile?
- Is it obvious that you have had dental work done, and people can see that when you smile?
- Are your teeth stained or yellowed?
- Do you feel that the appearance of your smile is holding you back in your career?
- Do you have crowded or missing teeth that show?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you could be a candidate for a smile makeover. Look into it and find out what it would take to give yourself a smile you’re proud to show off. Dr. Thomas has seen smile makeovers transform the lives of patients.
The Art of a Smile Makeover
Cosmetic dentistry improves the appearance of your smile. Although dental schools train general dentists to fix teeth, creating a beautiful smile makeover requires a combination of the dental skills taught in school plus artistic talent, which generally isn’t part of the dental school curriculum. It requires a passion for aesthetics plus extensive post-graduate education. Yes, it starts with a foundation of technically excellent, long-lasting dentistry. The dentist needs to ensure that your jaw, bite, and teeth are in harmony. Then he or she can build on that to give you a healthy, confident smile that will be yours for a lifetime.
A Smile That’s Tailored to Fit Your Face
Instead of a single smile-design formula, Dr. Thomas creates facially generated smile designs. Your eyes, nose, cheeks, and lips frame your smile. And Dr. Thomas will create a smile makeover that complements your facial features. He follows a process to give you natural-looking results.
- Listens as you express your primary concerns about the way your smile looks and feels
- Analyzes your tooth position, shape, and shade
- Considers how your facial features and oral anatomy influence your smile
- Records your bite
- Takes a digital scan of your teeth and makes a model
- Partners with his master ceramist to refine the details of your smile makeover
- Conservatively prepares your teeth, if needed, for dental restorations
- Provides mockups to try on and examine for appearance and comfort
High-quality materials are used to handcraft a smile makeover that Dr. Thomas guarantees you’ll love.
Smile Makeover Treatment Options
After examining your teeth and bite, Dr. Thomas will explain your options. They may include one or more of these cosmetic treatments:
- Porcelain veneers – Veneers are slivers of tooth-shaped porcelain that are customized to fit over the fronts of teeth and conceal imperfections. Master ceramists craft porcelain to mimic the characteristics of natural teeth, including color and translucency. Read our porcelain veneers page for details.
- Dental bonding – Dr. Thomas applies dental bonding while you’re sitting in a dental chair. It conceals chips, cracks, and gaps and reshapes teeth.
- Teeth whitening – Whiter teeth make your smile look younger. We offer in-office and at-home treatment to break down stains in teeth and make them sparkle. Read about the options on our teeth whitening page.
- Orthodontics – At times, Dr. Thomas may recommend braces to align your teeth and bite. Proper alignment ensures cosmetic dentistry has a healthy foundation to help your smile makeover last.
Would you like to know your options for a healthy, beautiful smile? Give us a call, or fill out our request an appointment page and we will call you.