When all your teeth are missing, dentures can make—or break—your smile. A denture is a removable prosthesis that replaces a full arch of teeth. But the way it looks, feels, and functions will affect your confidence and your quality of life. In Sugar Land, Dr. Siny Thomas offers high-quality, high-functioning dentures that look natural.
Natural-Looking Dentures That Make You Want to Smile
Dr. Thomas understands the importance of being confident about your smile. He adheres to a process that gives you natural-looking dentures that express your personality, complement your facial features, and help you enjoy smiling.
- Preliminary impressions – Although some dentists skip this step, Dr. Thomas will take impressions of your mouth and make a model of your arch. He’ll use the preliminary model to make a custom tray for accurate final impressions and a denture that fits well.
- Custom tray – He makes a replica of your mouth by putting impression material in the custom tray. He will record the details of your soft tissue and make a mold that captures them. He uses the mold to create a denture that fits snugly without irritating your gums.
- Wax model – After Dr. Thomas sets your denture teeth in gum-colored wax, you’ll put the model in your mouth. It’s a preview of how your dentures will look when you smile and how your bite will feel when you close your teeth together. If you’re hesitant about the wax model, Dr. Thomas will adjust it until you’re confident about the look and feel.
- Dentures – Your gum-colored denture base will complement your skin tone. Dr. Thomas will embed premium, natural-looking denture teeth in the base.
Types of Dentures
Dr. Thomas offers complete removable dentures and implant overdentures.
A complete removable denture is an entire arch of replacement teeth. An upper denture is held in place by suction, and a lower denture rests on your gums.
An implant overdenture is an arch of replacement teeth attached to dental implants, or artificial tooth roots. Dr. Thomas will implants in your jawbone, and after they fuse with the bone, he will attach permanent dentures to them.
- Stability – Your dentures won’t lift, slip around, or fall out when you speak or eat.
- Function – Stable dentures make it easier to speak clearly and enjoy your food.
- Comfort – Your dentures will be supported by implants—not resting on your gums to rub or irritate them.
- Jawbone Preservation – Implant fixtures stimulate the jawbone and keep it intact to support your facial muscles and prevent them from sagging prematurely.
You can read details about the process and benefits on our implant overdentures page.
Dr. Thomas has advanced training in tooth restoration and replacement and cosmetic dentistry. If you’re interested in high-quality dentures that are comfortable and natural looking, schedule an appointment with him. Call us or complete our Request an Appointment form.