When all your teeth are missing, dentures can make—or break—your smile. A denture is a removable prosthesis that replaces a full arch of teeth. But the way it looks, feels, and functions will affect your confidence and your quality of life. In Sugar Land, Dr. Siny Thomas offers high-quality, high-functioning dentures that look natural.
Natural-Looking Dentures That Make You Want to Smile
Dr. Thomas understands the importance of being confident about your smile. He adheres to a process that gives you natural-looking dentures that express your personality, complement your facial features, and help you enjoy smiling.
- Preliminary impressions – Although some dentists skip this step, Dr. Thomas will take impressions of your mouth and make a model of your arch. He’ll use the preliminary model to make a custom tray for accurate final impressions and a denture that fits well.
- Custom tray – The custom tray is made to fit only you, which will improve the accuracy of the impression taken. Getting an impression of movable soft tissue is tricky, but using this custom tray combined with impression materials of varying viscosities is considered the best way to do this. The resulting mold will enable him to create a denture that fits snugly without irritating your gums.
- Wax model – After Dr. Thomas sets your denture teeth in gum-colored wax, you’ll try out the model in your mouth. It’s a preview of how your dentures will look when you smile and how your bite will feel when you close your teeth together. It’s also a chance for you to make sure you like the appearance of your teeth before the denture is actually processed. Dr. Thomas will make any adjustments you want until you’re confident about the look and feel.
- Dentures – The final result will look so natural, no one will know they’re not your own teeth unless you tell them. The teeth used will be premium, natural-looking denture teeth.
Types of Dentures
Dr. Thomas offers two basic types of complete dentures: removable dentures and implant overdentures.
A complete removable denture is an entire arch of replacement teeth. The upper denture is held in place by suction, and the lower denture rests on your gums.
An implant overdenture is an arch of replacement teeth attached to dental implants, or artificial tooth roots. Dr. Thomas will place implants in your jawbone, and after they fuse with the bone, he will attach permanent dentures to them. Anchoring the denture with implants provides several important advantages:
- Stability – Your dentures won’t lift, slip around, or fall out when you speak or eat.
- Function – Stable dentures make it easier to speak clearly and enjoy your food. It’s like having your own natural teeth back.
- Comfort – Your dentures will be supported by implants—not resting on your gums to rub or irritate them.
- Jawbone Preservation – Implant fixtures stimulate the jawbone and keep it intact to support your facial muscles and prevent them from sagging prematurely. For more information about this, read our facial collapse page.
You can read details about the process and benefits on our implant overdentures page.
Dr. Thomas has advanced training in tooth restoration and replacement and cosmetic dentistry. If you’re interested in high-quality dentures that are comfortable and natural looking, schedule an appointment with him. Call us or complete our Request an Appointment form.