KöR® Whitening is deep bleaching, in-office treatment that can get your teeth up to 16 shades lighter. Dr. Siny Thomas of Sugar Land offers KöR to make your smile brilliantly white.
How Does KöR Whitening Work?
The bleaching gel contains oxygen that your teeth will absorb to break down deeply embedded, stubborn stains. KöR is effective for people who’ve had limited success with at-home tray bleaching. The concentration of KöR bleaching gel in your teeth will even whiten tetracycline stains—something other brands can’t do.
What’s the Process?
Before you receiving teeth whitening treatment, Dr. Thomas will ensure your teeth and gums are clean and healthy. And he will determine if bleaching gel is the right way to treat the stains in your teeth. The process includes the following steps:
- Digital impressions – We will scan your teeth with a handheld intraoral camera and take digital impressions. We’ll use the impressions to make customized bleaching trays.
- Rejuvenating and hydrating – When the trays are ready, you’ll return to our office. We’ll put rejuvenating gel in the trays and put them on your teeth. The gel prepares your teeth by conditioning and hydrating them to absorb bleaching gel.
- Take-home kit – You’ll take a whitening kit home that includes the custom trays, desensitizing gel, and KöR bleaching gel.
- At-home whitening – For 14 days, you’ll squeeze a small amount of bleaching gel in the trays and wear them as instructed by Dr. Thomas. And you’ll apply the desensitizing gel to your teeth to keep your treatment comfortable.
- In-office whitening – After you’ve completed at-home whitening, you’ll return to us for three in-office whitening sessions. Dr. Thomas retract your cheeks, coat your gums with protective gel, and apply a potent concentration of KöR bleaching gel. It will penetrate the microstructure in your teeth and blast away any remaining stains. He will rinse your teeth and gums between sessions.
- Color stabilizing – The bleaching gel deeply penetrates your teeth and will continue to whiten them for a few days. After that, the color will normalize. Although your smile will be brilliantly white, it will look natural.
- Additional at-home care – Depending on the complexity of the stains in your teeth, Dr. Thomas might advise you to continue at-home whitening, gradually decreasing it over the next few weeks. When your treatment is complete, he’ll explain how to do at-home touch-ups to maintain the brightness of your smile.
The before-and-after photos below, courtesy of KöR, are an example of the power of this treatment on dark, stained teeth.
Is KöR Safe?
The KöR Whitening system is safe. It uses carbamide peroxide for at-home whitening and hydrogen peroxide during in-office treatment. The American Dental Association approves whitening your teeth with either product after consulting with your dentist to determine if bleaching is the appropriate treatment for your teeth.
And KöR Whitening has features to protect your teeth that other brands lack.
Hydrates: Some teeth bleaching systems use laser light to activate the gel, but they also dry out your teeth. KöR rejuvenating gel hydrates your teeth keeps the moisture inside.
Desensitizes: During in-office and at-home treatment, your teeth will be protected with KöR desensitizing gel. Sensitivity and painful shocks are common with many whitening systems. But KöR gel conditions your teeth and closes tiny dentin tubules in the middle of teeth to seal out bleaching gel and prevent irritation and sensitivity in your tooth nerves. And the design of your custom KöR-Seal™ bleaching trays will keep bleaching gel away from your gums and prevent them from burning.
Interested in a Brilliant Smile with KöR?
Call us or request an appointment online. Dr. Thomas will examine your teeth and let you know if KöR is the right treatment to brighten your smile.